How To Delete A Snapchat Story: You must have faced this situation many times when you regretted doing something wrong, This usually happens when in the heat of the moment, you thought your actions to be cool but later on, you came to realise that your actions were silly making you a fool in people’s eyes. And if you are a Snapchat user, then this happens on a regular basis.
To keep you from getting embarrassed on Snapchat, the app maker has provided with the option of deleting a Snapchat, and we will help you with the process of deleting your Snapchat stories.
You must have read about Gmail that it has started providing the “undo send” function to stop sending a mail to the recipient after you have clicked on the send button.
Who Viewed Your Deleted Snapchat Story?
You all know, that we always have some people among our friends who do not care about one’s trust and are likely to forward or show your Snapchat to others. That’s why Snapchat has an amazing feature which enables the users to see every single person who has viewed your story. Further, you can also know if the person who has viewed your story has taken a snapshot or not. This feature shows how Snapchat cares for your privacy. To view the person you have to follow the given steps.
- First of all, open the Snapchat app and swipe left to get to the normal stories screen.
- Tap on your own name in the list and you will see it open up with information and your multiple snaps that make up the story.
- You will notice a purple eye with a number next to it, that’s how many people total that have viewed that snap within your story. You can do this for all of your snaps to see exactly how many people viewed them. You will also notice two green arrows if someone has taken a screenshot of your snap.
- You can also see exactly who has viewed each snap based on the grey list of usernames below the snap. On top of that, it will tell you how long ago they viewed your story down to the minutes.
How To Delete A Snapchat Story
Since you’ve now read about how to know which user has taken a snapshot of your, we now move forward to tell you the process of deleting a story which you may have posted accidently on Snapchat. For deleting a Snapchat story you have to follow the given steps.
First of all, you have to tap on the ellipsis (“…”) to expand and view your story snaps. Now whichever story you want to delete, you just have to swipe up as the story is playing to open the menu. From the menu, you can select the delete option to delete your snap. Before deleting any snaps, if you are interested in saving the story, you will have to click on the down arrow and save the snap to your smartphone gallery.
Can Friends View Deleted Snapchat Stories?
This is tricky. If you have already posted a snap, then you can delete a Snapchat story immediately. However, the people who are following will still be able to see the snap in the recent list. For a period of 24 hours. Once they have viewed the story, it will get removed from their Snapchat story list. You can also follow some other tricks given below to stop them seeing your story forever.
- First of all, as soon as you have posted the Snapchat, you can go to the contact list and block all your friends for 24 hours. Once 24 hours are over, you can unblock them once again. To do this action, go to your friend’s list and swipe left next to every person’s name and tap block. This requires a little manual effort but will work to have no one view your story.
- Next, you can delete your Snapchat account. For this, you have to go to the Snapchat deactivation page and entering your username and password. You will then receive a link that you’ll have to click on to permanently delete your account. Then you can immediately go back and sign up again for Snapchat.
Can I See Who Viewed My Snapchat Story After I Delete It?
Well, the answer to this is, unfortunately, no, as once the story gets deleted, you can not see it anymore. Therefore, the best thing you can do is that before deleting a story you can perform the above tricks to check who have viewed your story.
I have completed my guide for how to delete a Snapchat story. I am sure this post will have helped you in deleting your accidental, embarrassing Snapchat stories which you do not want your friends to see.
You can share your experiences in the comment section below.