Download Facetime for PC: This is another Apple app which people are so keen on installing on their Windows PC and Android phones. However, android users can take the help of Hangouts. All the Apple users use Facetime extensively for video calling. As you already know that Facetime is an exclusive Apple product, therefore it’s not available for Android and neither there is any official method for using Facetime on PC.
As already told before, we will be providing you other tried and tested method to run Facetime for PC. In future too, there is no possibility whether Apple will launch the Facetime for PC and Android versions.
Salient Features of Facetime for PC
Since I have already mentioned Facetime popularity with the Apple users, you must also be curious to know the Facetime features before downloading it.I must tell you, Facetime is the app for you if you are deep in socialising with your family and friends. Here are some of the best features of Facetime for PC.
- In order to run the app, you need a 4G/3G data plan or a WiFi connection. This app doesn’t charge any money for calling. Only the data will be get used up.
- Facetime is a user-friendly and intuitive app. You will not have any problems in installing and running the app.
- While using Facetime, you will find that it has a better audio quality than a regular cell network.
- You can even use the mute app on the Facetime while calling to disallow the caller on the other end to hear you. However, the caller will still be able to see you.
- Facetime also lets you block all callings if you want to spend some time alone or in a bad mood.
- This is a free service. Users are not required to pay for it.
- The app features HD video calling for a better experience of meeting your family and friends.
How to Download Facetime for PC on your Windows
In order to get a working Facetime on PC, you must fulfil the following PC requirements.
Minimum Requirements to run Facetime PC
- Windows (Xp/7/8/10)
- Internet connection
- CPU: single core 1ghz
- RAM: 2GB
- Microphone or Headset
Steps to Download Facetime for PC
- In order to get Facetime, you would have to download the Bluestacks emulator. Bluestacks is the most popular android emulator.
- Next, you have to install the Bluestacks app on Your PC. Remember, Bluestack is a large file and need some time to upload and open. So be Patient in the meanwhile.
- Search for the Facetime APK and install it as per the given instruction.
Steps to use Facetime for PC
Now, before coming to the next set of instructions, I am sure you must have installed the Facetime App on the Bluestack emulator. If not, then please go back and install Bluestack and Facetime first. Here, we present the guide to start a video calling via PC.
Step 1: Open the Facetime app you have installed on your Windows PC, enter your Email address, fill the other details and signup on the app.
Step 2:You will then be able to view the contact lists present in your phone and with whom you can make a video call.
Step 3: Now, choose the friend with whom you want to do a video call from the email address. Click either on the email address to start a video call or you can click on the send message option to send a message.
Step 4: When you want to disconnect a call, simply tap click on the button indicating the end call option. This button will be in red colour.
Step 5: Another important point to note is that while initiating a video call, make sure that the microphone icon is enabled. If you see the microphone button is a red colour, then it means that the microphone is disabled and the caller on the other end will not be able to hear any sound.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is facetime free ?
Ans : The Facetime is a free app which does not require any additional charges to be paid. The only money which you will have to pay is the internet connection you are using. Facetime uses data for voice and video calling.
Q2. How to use facetime on iPad ?
Ans: If you are an iPad user and still have not used Facetime, then all you have to do is have a working WiFi connection. Further, if you are having a 4G LTE connection, then also you are required to a wifi network to initiate video/audio calls.
Q3. How to get facetime on iPhone 5 / Facetime missing from iPhone 5 ?
Ans : In order to use the Facetime on iPhone 5, all you have to do is enable the Facetime in your iPhone setting and then search for the name in the address book and call the person.
Q4. How to add someone on facetime ?
Ans : Facetime will automatically sync with your phone address book and will show it in the Facetime application. Therefore, in order to add the person on Facetime, you have to save his/her number in your Contact Address. This is similar to Whatsapp or other messenger apps.
Q5. How to Solve if Facetime not working on the device?
Ans: This error happens if Facetime is not able to connect with the internet connection. If you are also facing a similar situation, then the following steps will have to be followed to get your Facetime working again. have this issue of Facetime not working on your device, then don’t worry.
- Check your internet connection and make sure that the device is either connected to a WiFi or another data Plan. Also, check that the firewall or Antivirus is disabled and not interfering or blocking with the app.
- Or using Facetime via Cellular network, make sure that ‘Use Cellular Data’ is turned on for Facetime app. To turn on Cellular Data, go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For and use the Slider to turn it on for Facetime.
- Next, go to Settings > FaceTime, and turn Facetime on.
- If you “Waiting for Activation” message screen, then turn Facetime off, hang on for a few seconds and then enabled the Facetime again.
- If you cannot find the Facetime setting on the screen, then go to the general settings and turn on the Facetime and Camera from there. To do that just go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Then under your Facetime account, check your mobile number and verified email listed.
- Next, go to Settings > General > Date & Time and select the option which says “Set Automatically”
- Finally , restart your device and update it to the latest iOS version available.
- Hopefully, this will get your Facetime started.