Many times when we watch a video on the web, we want to save it to our device but are not able to do so. There is nothing frustrating than being unable to store a video, you have recently watched, in your phone memory. Hubi is one such cool app which lets you stream as well as download videos from the internet. Developed by MegaDevs, Hubi is similar to Vidmate in terms of function and purpose. You can download many videos and all for free. An important note is that the app doesn’t violate security measures which mean it doesn’t perform copyright infringement. Only those videos can be downloaded which are not copyrighted or protected from downloading and sharing. Since the app is all clean, it is available for download on iTunes and Google Play app store. Let us know learn about the features of Hubi. A guide to download the app to android devices has also been given in the end.
Features of Hubi Video Downloader
Here are some of the features of Hubi, the next level video streaming and download player.
- This app has a number of hosts for sourcing videos. They have developed their teams in collaboration with many other websites.
- A user can download videos from Hubi without visiting the websites which are originally offering download of those videos.
- When an uploader on any website changes the privacy settings of a video, it is only streamed through Hubi, not downloaded.
- In case of YouTube, the largest collection of videos on the web, you can only stream videos since downloading is not allowed.
- There are strict sharing settings on YouTube and Hubi acknowledges them. So you cannot download YouTube vids from Hubi.
- Minus YouTube, there are more than 39 hosts on Hubi. Some of the popular names include – Putlocker, AllMyVideos, and FileBox.
The user interface of Hubi is simple to understand and easy to use. To use the app, you have to get the link of the video you want to stream or download. On the home-screen, there are two tabs namely Grabber and History. The Grabber section is the tool which lets a user download or stream a video. In History section, one can see the previous actions taken on the app. When you try to stream a video or save it, it locates the video from the link. Then, it streams right on the inbuilt video player. When you opt for saving a video, the content of the video are ripped. After the ripping is done, the video is saved to the device.
Steps to Download Videos from Hubi
To download videos from Hubi is very easy. First, you must have the link of the video you want to download or stream. Then, Hubi must be launched. Now you have to open the Grabber tab where the copied link has to be pasted. Now, there will be two options in front of you, either to download the video or stream it. This depends on the privacy settings of the video itself. In the case where content sharing is not allowed, you will only see the streaming option. If a video is allowed to be downloaded, you will see the download option as well. You can choose the option as you like. If you tap on stream, the video will start streaming. And if you hit the download button, downloading will start. The progress of download is visible from the device notifications panel.
Comparison of Hubi with VidMate
You can see the following table to compare Hubi and VidMate. Features of each app have been reviewed so that you can see highs and lows as well.
|App Features||The app is compact in size, has 39+ sources of videos.||The app is also compact in size, has 20+ sources of videos.|
|Content||A wide variety of videos, from movies to TV shows.||A vast range of content is available.|
|Downloading speed||Quite fast, download progress can be seen in the notifications panel.||Quite fast.|
|Device Compatibility||Compatible with Android and iOS||Compatible with Android and iOS|
Guide to Install Hubi on Android Devices
The app is available to download from Google Play as well as iTunes app stores. And it is very easy indeed to download the app and thereafter use it. The following section summarizes the steps to download Hubi from Google Play app store.
- Take your android device, tablet or phone, and open the main apps menu.
- Go to the Google Play Store and type ‘Hubi’ in the search field.
- The app will be named as ‘Hubi – Streaming and Download’.
- Tap on the install button to commence installation of the app.
- Give all the permissions, as asked by the app store and launcher.
- Wait while the installation is being done. You can check the progress too.
- Once the app is installed, you will be notified of successful download.
- Go to the main apps menu of your phone and find Hubi application.
- Tap on its icon to launch the app. You can now see or download videos.