iMessage Activation Problem: I am sure, those of you who are iPhone users must be knowing about the amazing iMessage feature present in it. If yes, then you must also be aware of the erratic working of this feature. The latest of this behaviour is the Waiting for activation which users have to go through to get their iMessage account activated.
You must be aware, that after the iMessage has been downloaded and installed on your iPhone, it takes a while to register and then the activation is done within a matter of few seconds.
However, there are many new iPhone users who are not aware of the ways to activate iMessage on their iPhone. Also, many users have to wait for an indefinite period of time to successfully activate iMessage on their iPhones. This glitch from Apple is causing a bad name to the iMessanger feature.
How to fix iMessage Activation Problem: Precautionary Checks
First of all, you should check the few things before running and activate the main iMessage App on your iPhone.
- You must be knowing, that sending messages through the internet carries the time tag. If due to some reasons, the time is not accurate, then also your iMessage will start behaving erratically. Therefore, go to General Settings, enter “Date and Time” and correct the Time Zone. It is advisable for you to set the time to “Set Automatically”, so in future, you don’t have to worry about it when travelling or manually changing afterwards.
- While confirming for the app, make sure that your WiFi/Data pack is activated and on. That’s because, the confirmation and activation are usually done online, and so your device must have a fast internet for a quick response from the server.
- Check your network connectivity. Go outside if you’re in the basement, or in a building.
How to fix iMessage Activation Problem: Steps to follow
When you have done all the above-mentioned steps, and the problem still occurs, then you will have to follow the given methods .
- Trip the app on Airplane Mode
- First of all, from the settings option disable the FaceTime and iMessage. Now you may wonder why we are asking you to disable Facetime, because, both these app requires filling the same details for registration.
- Now, turn on Airplane Mode, and toggle WiFi to start it too.
- Then, Re-enable iMessages (and Facetime, later on) from where you disabled it in Settings.
- Enter your Apple ID and add it.
- Disable Airplane mode and wait for the notification. IT appears in most phones, depending on the carrier and other settings.
- If this doesn’t activate your iMEssage either, try simply turning iMEssages on and off a few times till it works normally.
- Re-enter your Apple ID
It has also been that in order to get some apps to work, you are required to Sign out and Sign right back in with your Apple ID on your Apple device. This will get all the apps which require registration via Apple ID will get reactivated and your iMessage will get reset too, enabling the activation to be done easier. For doing this, go to “Send and Receive” under Settings to do this.
- Contact your customer support
If the above steps don’t work, then you can take the help of your Mobile Carrier company’s customer care number can come to the rescue. Call the Apple customer care and talk with a representative and the customer support will be able to guide you about any missing settings, configurations or details you might not find out yourself.
Finally, when nothing works, then the last alternative left is Rebooting, Resetting the device or Restoring the app . This method usually gets the iMessage to work smoothly.
If you have faced the similar problem while activating your iMessage or have fixed this issue through some other means, then do share this new method of yours with us.