Google is our savior! No literally, think of all the services it has to offer. And with each day passing, a new service is being added or updated. One such awesome service by Google is Google Translate which has proved to be a boon for all of us. To keep up with the fast paced life, we often have to converse with people from around the world. And it is not necessary that they should know English. In another scenario, if you are traveling to a country where the signs and street names are not in English, it can be very tough to understand them.
This is where Google Translate comes handy. The app was released a long time ago and since then, it has seen many updates which include even addition of lesser known languages. Updates are made frequently with added vocabulary, pronunciation, and new languages of the world. Google Translate is the most trusted and highest used translation service. It supports over 103 languages. You can type in any of these 103 languages and within a few seconds, it will be translated to the targeted language. Let us take a look at all the amazing features Google Translate has to offer.
- Tap Mode – If you are conversing with a person of foreign origin and need to understand some of the common phrases he is saying, this feature is for you. Literal translation of every word is not possible after all when you are active in real life conversation. This feature has some common words and sentences in target language as well as your language to understand what the other person is trying to convey.
- Camera Translation – you can use your camera and take a picture of a notice or a sign to translate it. When you are traveling to a foreign country, this feature is extremely handy. Further, it saves a lot of time. This feature is limited to 29 languages only.
- Conversation Mode – as already explained, we have to converse with a wide range of people who may not speak English at all. This feature is handy for such conversations. With this mode, you can translate a sentence both ways. Thus, expressing a sentence in another language becomes easy. This feature works for both the persons in conversation.
- Handwriting – Handwriting is an awesome feature which is very easy to use. On a blank screen, you can write what you want. Google will detect the language automatically and translate it in the target language. To use this feature, you will have to set the target language in advance.
There is an auto-detect feature which will detect your fed language on its own however for better result, it is advisable to set the input and output language manually. It will save your time. In addition to these, you can save phrases or words you have translated. It not only saves time but efforts as well.
Guide to Install Google Translate On Android
We have read about the features of Google Translate; let us now understand the method of downloading it on an android device. Since Google Translate is a product of Google Inc. itself, it is quite obvious that it is featured in the Google Play app store. The app has been downloaded by more than 500 million people from around the world. Follow these instructions to download the app on your android device.
- Take your android device and open the Google play app store.
- Search for the app in the search box and tap on the install button.
- Grant all the permissions for device access as asked by the installer.
- Tap on accept or agree to continue with the installation.
- Wait while the app is being installed. You can see the progress as well.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the main apps menu of your device.
- Find the icon of Google Translate and tap on it to launch.
- You can now translate to and fro without any hassles.