Facebook needs no introduction; it is after all the biggest social networking websites. Started by Mark Zuckerberg, it has emerged as the leader of all other social networking and media platforms. There are more users on Facebook than there are on any other social networking website or app. There are millions of users on it which is more than the users of many other social networking platforms combined together. Of course, many of you might be familiar with Facebook and the steps to login into the account. But for the uninitiated and first-time users, we have prepared this guide to login into Facebook and retrieving a forgotten password. You will also find the steps to create a new account.
Introduction to Facebook
Here are some basic yet interesting features of Facebook:
- Facebook is a social networking platform in the form of a website and an application.
- It has the largest number of users than any other social networking website or app has.
- There is no country-based restriction for using Facebook; it is a globally accessible platform.
- People send each other friend request to talk to them, share pictures, enjoy free calling etc.
- Facebook is also used for business purpose, spreading the word about any cause, and more.
- Facebook has its own online instant messaging service in the form of Facebook Messenger.
- Users can send multimedia files and stickers to each other privately or in a group via messenger.
- There are numerous fun applications as well to enjoy. These apps are inbuilt in the FB platform.
Creation of a New Facebook Login ID/ Account
If you are new to Facebook and yet to open an account, here are the steps for the same:
- Go to the official website of Facebook on your browser.
- Find a sign-up button on the homepage of the website.
- Enter all the details as asked correctly in the signup.
- Enter your email address and choose a password.
- Enter your date of birth correctly to confirm age.
- Check the ‘I Agree to the T&C’ box and click on sign up.
- Now validate your email ID from the link sent by Facebook.
- You can set up your profile, choose a display picture, and start posting.
Login into Facebook
The steps to login into Facebook are easy and can be completed either through the app or the website. The process of login is same in both the cases:
- Open the official website of Facebook or open its official app on your mobile device.
- Find the option for login and enter email ID or phone number associated with the account.
- Enter the password chosen by you correctly in the respective field.
- Check the ‘keep me signed in’ option if you are accessing Facebook from a private device.
- Press login. Your Facebook timeline will now appear. Start using Facebook.
Retrieval of a Forgotten Password
Most often than not, we tend to forget the password. And it is quite natural because we have multiple online accounts and many times, we end up getting confused which password is applicable for which account. Also, since we access our accounts from our own device, we tend to forget the password because the need of manually entering it is eliminated. Now the problem comes when we have to access our Facebook account or any account for that matter on any new device. In this case, only a lucky few of us remember the password. But if you are not among the lucky few, here are the steps to retrieve a forgotten password:
- Go to the Facebook Login page and find the ‘Forgot Password’ link written below the password column.
- Clicking this link will take you to a different page from where the password retrieval steps will begin.
- Enter username or email ID or mobile number associated with the Facebook account to proceed.
- Enter the email ID again and confirm it after ensuring that you have filled the right email ID.
- On confirming the email ID, Facebook will send a password reset link to the registered email ID.
- If you don’t have access to your email ID, you can choose to answer the security question correctly.
- If your answer is correct, you will be taken to the password reset page. Here, choose a new password.