It is inarguable that cards have made our lives easier. Today, we need not carry loads of cash if we wish to purchase something which needs payment in high denominations or currency count. Cards, debit or credit, have eased the transactions to a great extent and enabled us to travel light, without the burden of carrying hard cash. Needless to say, cards have reduced the need for physical banking also. One such fantastic card in the league of prepaid debit cards is NetSpend. It is the well known name and has millions of users. You can easily find one in any nearest grocery store. The company lets you create an account with them and in return, gives you a debit card. You can deposit money at any time you want. Now, the transactions come at a nominal charge. So the company will charge you nominally for every transaction you make. What is great is that you can use NetSpend MasterCard anywhere in the world as long as the ATM you are withdrawing money from supports MasterCard. In this article, we will explain the process of getting a prepaid debit card from NetSpend and its various features.
Benefits of NetSpend
Here are some cool and modern features of NetSpend prepaid debit card:
- NetSpend card minimizes the need of physical banking to a great extent. So you need to visit any bank for even the smallest of transactions.
- With this card, you need not carry cash all the time. Carrying physical cash is not only risky but also tiresome if there is loads of it in the denomination.
- The card can be reloaded with money as many times as you want. You can easily reload the card from any outlet authorized by its parent company.
- You can also add money to your NetSpend account using your PayPal account. So that even eliminates the need of going to any authorized store.
- With NetSpend card, you can file your taxes and get returns as well. All you need to do is provide relevant card and account details for this.
- There is also a feature which lets you open a savings account with the company. The standard rate of interest for this savings account is 5% APY.
- There is no restriction on the minimum balance. Usually, banks charge fine for minimum balance violation but no such possibility in NetSpend.
Charges and Cashback
You might be a little messed up wondering how NetSpend is different from the regular card provided by your bank. Well, the main benefit is you don’t have to maintain any minimum balance in your account. Besides, there is no activation fee. And to add to the charm, there are regular cashback offers. On creating an account with NetSpend and depositing a certain amount of money, you will get flat USD 20 in your account. Like other companies, NetSpend also follows referral program. For every referral, you will get another USD 20 as cashback. Cashbacks are also offered when you make purchases using the card. Needless to say, there are terms and conditions applicable such as minimum purchase limit or the number of times a cashback can be obtained. You can use the cash back in your next transaction and save more. We are sure this feature is not present with many other cards.
Login into NetSpend
After reading all these cool features of NetSpend, let us move to the part where we will understand the method of logging into NetSpend. It is very easy to apply for a NetSpend account and get a prepaid MasterCard debit card. The complete process is carried out online so you can carry it out right in the comfort of your home. To get a debit card, you will have to create an account. On creating the account, the company will send you the card via mail in a few days. The process of activation of the card is mentioned in the pamphlet which comes along. Let us now know the steps to create an account on NetSpend:
- Go to the official website of NetSpend on your computer.
- Locate and go the sign-up page on the homepage of the site.
- You will be asked to enter details correctly in various columns.
- Enter your name, email ID, and other asked information.
- Choose a password of your choice, preferably alphanumeric.
- Choose the type of account from the drop-down menu.
- Read all the terms and conditions before you proceed.
- Once you have read all the terms, check box ‘I agree to the T&C’.
- You will now see an option to customize the card.
- Choose the design of your card and press on ‘continue’ button.
- That’s it; you are now a registered user of NetSpend.
When you complete creating the account, the company will prepare your card and send it via mail. In the mail, you will get a pamphlet explaining the process of card activation. A guide to activate the card is also given on the official website of NetSpend. It is in your interest to maintain safety precautions when dealing with money. Be safe and don’t proceed with any transaction which looks dubious. Don’t share your login or transaction passwords with anyone. Sharing of such information might put you in a financial exposure risk. If you detect something unusual with your transaction, report to NetSpend with immediate effect.