With new online streaming apps popping up every day, it is getting extremely hard to pinpoint one for our use. While most of the choices are similar, there are a few apps which are different in approach. Of course, we are cutting out on paid online streaming services because they are good enough; that’s why we are paying for them, right? But when it comes to the free apps, the problem remains the same. One such free app which is solid in its approach and quality is Popcornflix App . It is an easy choice for those movie buffs who love to watch movies for free on their mobile devices, smartphones, and tablets. Popcornflix App is unique in the terms that it is exclusively known for a huge database of independent movies.
These moves, often critically acclaimed worldwide, are featured on the app for its users. If you are looking for mainstream movies, Popcornflix might not be a right choice but if you are into those off-beat and independent movie which is very hard to find, it is what you need. You will come across many legendary movies, old as well as new, which have changed the cinema. On the app, there are works of many renowned directors and actors. This app is also useful to you if you want to learn the art of filmmaking. It is needless to say that one can learn so many techniques just by watching these masterpieces alone. In this article, we are going to review Popcornflix and its features. A guide to downloading and install Popcornflix App has also been given at the end for your convenience. You will find a comparison table of Popcornflix App and Megabox HD as well.
Features of Popcornflix
- Acknowledging the fact that Popcornflix App is free, the range of content on Popcornflix App is very fast.
- It has over 700 movies in its database which is quite huge for a free online streaming service.
- New videos and movies are constantly added to the database which is again quite commendable.
- Most of the content on the app comprises of global independent and off-beat movies.
- Also, they have a collection of movies made in different film schools from around the world.
- Popcornflix App also features original content. Developers add fresh content every now and then.
- The documentaries section is very diverse and comprises of handpicked awarded movies.
- There is a kids’ section which has cartoons from the 80s and 90s era, the best for cartoons.
- All the content is categorized for easy viewing. You will not face any problem browsing in it.
The gallery is organized and curated neatly. All the videos are categorized as per genre and type. Browsing the catalog is easy because of proper categorization. There is a short bio about the video in the gallery which gives you the idea of the content of the video. A search function is also present on the main screen through which you can browse videos easily.
III. User Interface, Availability, and Other Features
- The user interface is compact and easy to use. The functions are well understandable.
- There might be a few problems with the nomenclature of the content, including movies.
- You can pair the app with chrome-cast which means you can see videos on a big screen.
- The app is also suitable to pair with Roku TV, Boxee, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Even further, the app is available for Windows mobile and Blackberry devices.
- On opening the app, you will get to see the devices the app can be used on.
- It is helpful because the need to visit the settings on choosing to use the local cast is eliminated.
Drawbacks of Popcornflix
There are some downsides to the app. The video quality is not as good as that of the paid services but it is justified considering the fact that videos are at the least free. Depending on your internet connection, you may experience poor quality of the video from time to time. The video playback, despite poor quality, will remain smooth. These are the only drawbacks of the app otherwise, it runs like a dream and shows all the great movies of the world, as promised.
Comparison of Popcornflix and Megabox HD
The following table compares the features of Popcornflix and Megabox HD. You can see the highs and lows of each app and then decide which suits you better.
|App Features||Full-length movies, TV Shows, and cartoons||Full-length movies and TV shows. Option of offline viewing and download|
|Content||Unique content of independent movies, original shows, and cartoons. A large collection of documentaries as well.||Huge gallery, comprising of old as well as new movies. Faster addition of videos.|
|Device Compatibility||Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, Chromecast, Roku TV, Boxee, PlayStation, and Xbox||Android, iOS, and Chromecast|
|Gallery||Fully optimized. Easy Interface.||Optimized by type of video. Genre-based catalog. Recent addition tab.|
Guide to Install Popcornflix on Android Phones and Tablets
We have learned all the features of Popcornflix. It is time to know the steps to install Popcornflix on Android tablets and phones. It is very easy to install and use Popcornflix. The app is available on Google Play, the official app store for Android. Here are the steps to download Popcornflix:
- Take your android phone or tablet.
- Open the main apps menu of the device.
- Tap on the icon of Google Play.
- In the search box, type ‘Popcornflix’.
- Tap on the app icon to begin the installation.
- Ensure that the app is offered by ‘Screen Media Ventures’.
- Tap on the install button to begin the installation.
- Agree to the access permissions asked for.
- Wait while the app is being installed.
- Once the installation is complete, go to the apps menu.
- Find the icon of Popcornflix and tap on it.
- The app will now launch. Enjoy movies!