Wynk Movies App For Android :In the plethora of online streaming apps, it is pretty much difficult to find a good app which meets all the needs of a user. So many options only add up to the confusion in deciding which app has to be chosen to watch movies, TV shows, web-series, anime, and documentaries. In this article, we will read about Wynk and understand the features this popular streaming app has to offer. We have also included the download guide of the same at the end of the article. Wynk comes from the family of Bharti Airtel which has a reputable name in the field of telecom network operation. The parent company, Bharati Airtel, is a household name and has millions of subscribers. There are multiple subsidiaries of the company which are active in various fields such as entertainment, music, telecom, broadband, and so forth. Through Wynk, the company has stepped into the field of online content streaming. It is a fully owned subsidiary of Bharati Airtel. There are three parts of Wynk as of now – games, movies, and music.
In the Indian sub-continent and the countries where Bharati Airtel is offering its services, Wynk has emerged as a popular option for online content streaming. The movies section was launched 6 months after the release of Wynk Music. The company received a great positive feedback for on-demand music, thus decided to extend its service to movies. The number of times Wynk app has been downloaded is over 5 million, which is quite staggering. Seeing the ever-growing domain of online music and movie streaming, and the possibilities of expansion, the company decided to expand their territory to even farther locations. There are 5 partners for video content on the app, through which the movies are made available. The movies on the app are assorted from Hollywood as well as Bollywood. There are many attractive and affordable paid plans which add to the appeal of the app for the Indian subcontinent users.
- Owing to 5 partners from Bollywood and Hollywood both, there is no limit to the diversity of the content.
- The movies are sourced from big production houses and distribution studios of India as well as America.
- Latest as well as classic golden era movies are made available on the app to the users on their demand.
- The fantastic collection includes latest movies such as ‘Rocky Handsome’, ‘Befikre’, ‘Flying Jatt’, and more.
- Latest Hollywood flicks such as ‘The Departed’, ‘Sherlock Holmes’, and ‘The Social Network’ are also provided.
- Sony LIV adds a lot to the TV series content on the app. Hindi, as well as English TV series both, are available.
- On the app, you can also check out YouTube and Daily Motion as video content providers for video content.
- Both channels have a list of the popular channels and other videos which are shown in the Wynk gallery.
- To add up, there is a facility where you can watch latest trailers of movies and TV shows on your demand.
The app derives its content from five different providers which are ErosNow, Sony LIV, HOOQ, YouTube, and Daily Motion. You can watch the content from YouTube, Daily Motion, and Sony LIV for free but for ErosNow and HOOQ, you will have to pay for a subscription package. The subscription package costs minimal so that it suits the pocket of many young students also. The package of ErosNow begins with INR 25 for a day to INR 249 for a month. HOOQ content has a plan of INR 199 for a month. You can have unlimited access to HOOQ gallery for 14 days free trail.
- The gallery is optimized in two manners. On the right, the content is categorized according to the provider.
- On the left, the content is categorized according to the genre. So you can choose the content of your choice easily.
- Searching and scrolling through the content are easy as long as you are sure of the content you are going to watch.
- This type of categorizations helps in knowing which content is taken from the paid channels and which from free.
The app is compatible with android devices as well as iOS devices. You can also pair it up with Chromecast so it is easy to project a movie or a TV show on the bigger screen of a smart TV. You can also add multiple devices to this account which means you can use Wynk on multiple devices, all at the same time. The limit on devices for multiple accesses is five.
- The player is backed with artificial intelligence user interface. You can resume playing a video from the point you stopped watching it.
- You can create a playlist of your favorite videos and movies. It becomes very easy to choose favorite videos from the created playlist.
- According to the strength of your internet connectivity and the data speed, the app automatically decides the video quality for you.
- It means that there is no need to pause for buffering the videos because of this feature. It not only saves time but also efforts.
The app has many good features but there are a few disadvantages as well. First, the app can be downloaded for free but there are only a limited number of videos that can be watched for free. Unless you have bought a subscription package, you will not get access to all the content on the app. The feature of automatic quality detection is good in some terms but irritating in others. Sometimes, poor quality ruins the experience for the users; especially when the video is being watched on a big screen, the quality drops automatically to the point where only blurred images are seen. Another disadvantage is associated with the free data as promised by Bharati Airtel for the Airtel users who download the Wynk app. Many users who downloaded the app didn’t receive any data credit in their account.
Guide to Install Wynk Movies on Android
The app is available on Google Play app store for all android devices. Here are the steps to download Wynk on any android device (tablet or smartphone):
- Take your device and open Google Play app store.
- In the search column, search for Wynk Movies.
- Tap on the install button to proceed with the download.
- Grant all the access permissions asked for.
- Tap on the accepted button and wait.
- You can check download progress in the top panel.
- After the installation is complete, go to the apps menu.
- Locate the app and tap on its icon to launch.
- Create your account, choose your package, and get going!