Yahoo is one of the foremost email account providers. Despite being in the league of email providers from nearly two decades, Yahoo has its own niche users. To keep up with the changing internet use and dynamics, Yahoo has kept updating itself. Yahoo, apart from email service, provides a lot of other services too which range from news to movies, answer forums to multimedia. Yahoo Mail is accessed by millions of people from across the world, which is enough testimony to its popularity. Indeed Yahoo is an old service but that doesn’t mean it is obsolete. It is still relevant because of the progressive updates made regularly to all the services. Of course, many competitors have sprung up but Yahoo continues to have its impact on the web. In this article, we are guiding through setting up an account on Yahoo. The guide to login into an existing Yahoo account is given as well along with password retrieval procedure. We shall also be reviewing the services of Yahoo Mail in brief.
Yahoo Mail Login and Its Features
Here are some of the features of Yahoo Mail:
- The services of Yahoo are not limited to Yahoo Mail. There are multiple services one can avail of.
- On signing up for Yahoo Mail, you will be able to access all the other services of Yahoo.
- You can use the same login details of Yahoo Mail to access other services of Yahoo.
- When you are logged into Yahoo Mail, you will be able to access other services without logging into them.
- As long as you are using the same device and the same browser (without incognito mode), you can access these services.
- It automatically means you won’t have to remember a lot of passwords to access all the services of Yahoo.
- Remembering just one password and login ID are sufficient to use Yahoo Mail and other allied services.
Signing Up for Yahoo Mail
If you don’t have an account on Yahoo, here are the steps to set up an account on the same. The process is easy to follow and requires only a few minutes to complete.
- Access the official website of Yahoo Mail.
- On the homepage, click on Sign Up option.
- Enter all the asked details correctly in the fields.
- Type the desired username in the relevant column.
- The username should be unique and not taken already.
- If the username is not available, try again with the new username.
- Choose a strong and alphanumeric password for your account.
- Confirm the details and click on Sign Up button.
- Your Yahoo account is now ready to use.
Signing In for Yahoo Mail
Now that we have setup an account on Yahoo, it is time to learn how to login to a Yahoo account. This process is even simpler than setting up an account. Read the steps here:
- Access the official website of Yahoo Mail.
- On the homepage, click on Login option.
- Enter your username and password correctly.
- Confirm the details and click on Sign In button.
- You can now use your Yahoo account for all services.
Accessing Yahoo Mail on Multiple Devices
You can access Yahoo Mail not only from your laptop or PC but mobile and tablet as well. There is a Yahoo app which is available for all major operating systems. For android devices, the app is available on Google Play; and for Apple users, the app is available on iTunes. Using the app on any mobile device is convenient. The process of signing up and signing in Yahoo account on the app is same as that of a laptop. In the app, you will see the option of Yahoo login on the home screen itself. If you don’t see the login option on the home screen, tap on app menu and then find the link for login. As already explained, if you are accessing Yahoo Mail from a device, you can access other services of Yahoo as well without logging into them. The only condition is that you must use the same browser without any incognito mode.
Many times, we forget passwords. And a reason which can be attributed to this is that we, at the majority of times, use all these accounts from our own devices. And thus, we check the ‘keep me signed in’ option. So we eventually end up forgetting passwords because we don’t have to type it all the time we have to access an account. If you have forgotten the password for your Yahoo account, you can retrieve it easily. The option for password retrieval is given on the home screen itself. To retrieve the password, you will have to enter your ID and phone number o recovery email ID. If you have chosen the phone number option, a code will be sent to your phone. This code has to be entered to set a new password. If you have chosen the email ID option, you will have to click the link in the email sent by Yahoo to set a new password.